Dear Chancellor/Medical Center CEO
At UPTE-CWA 9119 Healthcare Professionals (HX) Unit’s bargaining table, we have been offered nothing but an unfair deal.
- We have been offered no wage increases for the next two years; no step increases; no badly needed market equity adjustments for many of our members; pension redirect in 2010; and increased healthcare premiums for our Retirees or worse.
- UC’s Chief Negotiator has stated that the campus will never be treated like the Medical Centers. We want to know: Why Not? One half of the Medical Center’s $400 million profits are going to support the campus School of Medicine and School of Nursing. UCSF has sufficient profits to give their workers generous IAP awards this year.
- Student Health Center’s get funding from student fees and other sources than state funding, yet year after year they get told there is no money for their equity.
- Less than 1% of the HX unit’s funding come from the state; we work in programs and departments that are income generating for UC.
- UC says “accept this” by October 30th or we may face further salary reductions.
But UCSF and UCSD both got generous IAP awards recently.
FAIR IS FAIR!
We are asking that you help us get a fair contract. We want market wages; step increases; and step placement based on total years’ of experience. We want to bargain our pension and healthcare benefits. We want our Student Health Center workers to be given a fair market rate wage. We want our campus and our Medical Center workers to be treated equally.