| LBNL Office:
510.704.8783 | 510.704.8065 (fax) | P.O. Box 4247, Berkeley, CA 94704
Local 184 Executive Board:
The Executive Board (e-board) is comprised of members from LBNL, who meet monthly to conduct union business (such as plan upcoming trainings, review grievances, and plan expenditures of the local and many more items).
- Bill Rowley, President, firstname.lastname@example.org, w. 510-495-2569, c. 510-847-5230
- Rick Bloemhard, Vice President,
PBloemhard@lbl.gov, w. 510-486-7816
- James Hefley, Treasurer, email@example.com, w. 510-486-4137
- Anthony Fernandez, Recording Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org, w. 925-216-4720
- Ian Quesada, Systemwide Executive Board Representative, email@example.com, w. 510-486-7528
- Paul Trapani, Member-at-large, firstname.lastname@example.org, w.(510) 495-2213
General Membership Meetings
- Main Campus: 1st Wednesday of the month, noon - 1pm
- JGI: 2nd Wednesday of the month, noon - 1pm
- JBEI/Potter Street: 2nd Thursday of the month, noon - 1pm
Joint Genome Institute: Second Wednesday of each month (noon to 1:00 pm). Location will be provided in monthly meeting announcement.”
Who's Covered by UPTE?
UPTE is comprised of UC employees at each of the UC campuses in the TX, RX, HX, and 99 units. The University of California and the California State Public Employee Relations Board (PERB) determined these four units in 1984.
||Contract of Policy for Unit can be found at:
|Technical Employees (TX)
||Lab Assistants, Computer Resource Specialists, Electronics Techs., Dev Technicians, etc.
176 at LBNL
|Voted for representation in Nov. ’94: latest three year contract expired June 2008
||UPTE/UC TX Contract
|Research Professionals (RX)
||Staff Research Associates, Museum Scientists, Marine Technicians, etc.
216 at LBNL
|Voted for representation in Sept. ’96; latest three year contract expired June 2008
||UPTE/UC RX Contract
|Health Care Professionals (HX)
||Clinical Lab Techs, Pharmacists, Social workers, etc.
|Voted for representation in Sept. ’97; latest three year contract expired June 2009
||UPTE/UC HX Contract
|Administrative Professionals (AP/99)
||Programmer Analysts, Student Affairs Officers, Admin. Specialists, Community Health, etc.
|Currently organizing: many have joined UPTE and are advocating wage reform
Know your rights