HX Year 3 Wage Increases
Following is a summary of what the wage increases for the HX unit will be on July 1st. This also includes, if known, any Market Rate equity increases; or other scheduled increases.
- 4% increase for all plus 2% step increase.
- Market Rate Equity (MRE) requests were all denied.
- All HXers are being converted to having their total years of experience counted. At this point only CLSs and Pharms have been completed. HR is currently working on CSWs.
- Topped out people: no further compensation will be given.
- 2% general increase for all plus 2% step increase.
- Medical Center MRE requests were fairly successful. An additional step, at 2%, was granted to: Dieticians, CLSs; Cytotechs; Orthoptists; Nuclear Med Techs; Hospital Radiation Physicists; and Clinical Social Workers.
- The Pharmacists have new revised rates, which amount to about a $3/hr increase. Pharms will move to the new wage scale, (see below) then get their 2 % step increase. MRE’s were denied to the PAs.
- Campus MRE requests were denied.
- Audiologists will gain an additional 5 steps to their current 10 steps, effective 4/1/08 (currently no one in the job title).
- At the MC, topped out people: no further compensation will be given.
- At the campus, topped out people will receive a 2% lump sum.
- Still adamant that no total years of experience will be used in determining step placement.
UC San Franciso:
- 2% general increase for most classifications plus a step increase of 2%.
- 3% general increase for CLS and Cytotechnologist classifications plus one step valued at 2%.
- MRE were denied to the PAs, Pharmacists, NMTs, Cytotechs and CLS’s.
- Medical Center Child Life Specialists, Psychologists and CSWs are being reviewed for MRE, and results are pending.
- Campus CSWs, SWAs and Psychololgists will be reviewed after July 1st and based on SF’s city/co budget.
- Topped out workers: lump sums for both medical center and campus.
UC Los Angeles:
- CLSs, CSWs, OTs, and Pharms: 3% general increase plus experience based adjustment if applicable.
- All other HX titles: 2% range increase plus 2% step increase.
- MRE requests are still pending until after July 1st.
- Topped out workers: not an issue at this campus.
UC San Diego:
- 2% general increase for Cytotechs, Genetic Counselors, Psychometrists, and Speech Pathologists.
- 3% for CLS, Pharmacists, Sr. Nuclear Med. Techs, and OTs.
- 10% for Dietitians, PAs, CSWs, Psychologists, Recreation Therapists, and Audiologists.
- All classifications receive one step valued at 2%.
- No MRE requests were made.
- As of beginning of year, all HX job titles are moving to compensation based on total years
- Topped out workers: no plans for any further compensation.
Student Health Centers (SC, SB, R, and B)
- 2% increase plus one step valued at 2%.
- MRE proposals were only made at UCB on behalf of the CLSs and CSWs. The CSWs were moved up steps based on years of experience, this amounted to anywhere from a 4% increase to a 10% increase 2 steps to 5 steps). It is retroactive to September 1, 2007.
- No MRE increase for the CLSs.
- Topped out workers: no compensation for UCB, UCR, or UCSC. UCSB will provide a 2% lump sum.
UCI Pharmacist wage proposal:
step 1 $53.61
step 2 54.68
step 3 55.77
step 4 56.89
step 5 58.08
step 6 59.19
step 1 $ 56.25
step 2 57.38
step 3 58.53
step 4 59.70
step 5 60.89
step 6 62.11
step 1 $ 58.50
step 2 59.67
step 3 60.89
step 4 62.08
step 5 63.32
step 6 64.59