Health and Safety
- Do you work with plutonium? Beryllium?
- Are the safety standards on your job sufficient?
- Are they followed? Is safety jeopardized when you’re short-staffed or under deadline?
- Is your funding secure?
- Can you be laid off?
- What kind of notice would you get?
- Do you have seniority rights?
- Are you confident you will have enough income/savings after you retire?
- Have your benefits decreased?
Quality of Work/Personal Life
- Does on-the-job stress affect your personal life?
- Do you feel pressured to work harder/faster?
- Is your input valued at work?
- Do you feel that you and your work are acknowledged and respected?
YOU Need a Union!
These concerns are most effectively addressed when we work together. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-449-4846
What UPTE-LANL Stands For:
- A grievance procedure that really works, with enforceable deadlines and procedural integrity
- Seniority as a basis for layoffs, rather than subjective or arbitrary factors
- An end to discrimination in the workplace based on race, sex, age, veteran status and sexual orientation, including discrimination in layoff and sex-based wage discrimination
- A workplace free of fear of retaliation for whistleblowing, for organizing, for filing grievances, for raising health and safety concerns, and for speaking up about problems at LANL
- Decent wages that reflect the responsibility and complexity of our jobs, and salary increases that are awarded fairly without favoritism, discrimination, or retaliation
Topics of Interest:
- UPTE-LANL Letter to New LANL Director Mason (2019)
- Triad LLC Contract with DOE to run LANL (2019)
- UPTE Applauds New LANL Contractor that Supports Research, Development and Employees – Not Profits; and Urges New Contractor to Adopt Two Structural Reforms, Offers to Help Change Safety Culture (June 2018)
- Differences Between Final LANL RFP and Draft LANL RFP (11/2017)
- Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Final Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL)
- Comments on Draft LANL RFP submitted by UPTE-CWA (July 24, 2017)
- Proposed LANL Framework Document (July 12, 2017)
- Letter to Secretary Perry from New Mexico Delegation (May, 12, 2017)
- National Nuclear Security Administration Request for Proposal (July 13, 2017)
- Deprivatize the Labs
- Print out the UPTE Membership Application Form.
- Fill out the form and sign it in the lower right corner where indicated.
- Mail it to: UPTE Local 1663, 1907 Central Ave, Suite 200, Los Alamos, NM 87544