UPTE and Its Affiliantions:
- UPTE: University Professional and Technical Employees, the union of technical and professional employees at the University of California
- Communication Workers of America: The national union for the information age (UPTE is affiliated with CWA)
- AFL-CIO: The largest national labor federation in the U.S. Learn about key national labor and family issues
- U.S. Department of Labor: The DOL has information on labor law and trends. There is information here on grants and government labor contracts and, if you are searching for a job, check out America’s Job Bank. Also includes information on the Family Medical Leave Act.
- New Mexico Department of Labor: The state agency responsible for labor.
- International Labour Organization: The independent United Nations agency responsible for international labor law
Related Web Sites of Interest
- California Law: A fee-based information service, but with a free 30-day trial subscription (a good research tool).
- Executive PayWatchGuide to monitoring and curtailing the excessive salaries, bonuses, and perks in the CEO compensation packages. This will open your eyes and mind about the value of your current salary.
- Labor Net: Links to labor-related sites and publications, plus a labor-related events calendar and labor alerts page.
- Unions on the Web: Extensive list of web sites for U.S. and international unions
- University of California, Center for Labor Research and Education: CLRE (The Labor Center) produces educational programs, publications, research, and materials on issues that are relevant to organized labor and the work force.
- University of California, Institute of Industrial Relations Library: Guide to labor-oriented Internet resources. The Library’s frequently updated guide to labor on the Internet.
- Salary Comparisons on the Web: This site keeps track of the difference between women’s and men’s salaries in the U.S.