Useful Labor Related Links
- CWA (Communications Workers of America)
- AFL-CIO (American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations): umbrella organization of the American Labor Movement.
- AFCSME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees): represents service workers and patient care technical employees.
- CNA (California Nurses Association): represents nurses.
- UC-AFT (University Council-American Federation of Teachers): represents faculty and librarians.
- UAW (United Auto Workers): representing graduate student employees.
Useful Representation Related Links
- UC Benefits Home Page
- Personnel Policies for Staff Members
- Labor contracts for other UC unions
- EEOC (U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission)
- FEHA (Fair Employment and Housing Act)
- HEERA (Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act): state law that defines the relationship between the University, its employees and their unions. Many of the University’s personnel policies refer to HEERA and it is the basis of all of the union contracts.
- PERB (Public Employee Relations Board): governs UC employment practices, and the State of California’s Labor Code.
- OSHA (The Occupational Safety and Health Administration): includes a wealth of information about workplace safety as well as the addresses of the OSHA offices in California where you can file complaints or ask for assistance.
- American Arbitration Association: especially useful is the National Rules for the Resolution of Employment Dispute.
- US Department of Labor: provides information on The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).